In the first episode of 2015, Leland and Paul stare into their scrying orbs and offer their cultural predictions for the New Year. They also talk shop about fiction writing, heap praise upon Emily St. John Mandel’s Station Eleven, express apocalypse fatigue, chat more about race and Hollywood, discuss forgotten-yet-classic episodes of the Twilight Zone, and much more.
- Haruki Murakami to be an online agony uncle
- Emily St. John Mandel – Station Eleven
- Eddie Pepitone – The Bitter Buddha
- Haruki Murakami – Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki and His Years of Pilgrimage
- The Twilight Zone on Hulu
- Paul’s list of lesser-known Twilight Zone classics
- Jon Ronson – Lost at Sea: The Jon Ronson Mysteries