In the inaugural episode of EGAD!, Leland and Paul chat about Spike Jonze’s HER: the film, how its vision of artificial intelligence compares to other fictional, real, and hypothetical AI’s, foul-mouthed chatbots, and they imagine if George Saunders or Rod Serling had punched up the film’s script. SPOILERS if you haven’t seen the movie yet. Also, swears.
- “Her” Is Lonely
- How Close Are We to Getting Virtual Assistants Like Samantha in Her?
- n+1: The Stupidity of Computers
- George Saunders
- Charles Yu – How to Live Safely in a Science Fictional Universe
- Charles Yu – Sorry Please Thank You: Stories
- Chang-rae Lee – On Such a Full Sea
- BBC Black Mirror
- The Twilight Zone – Full series on Hulu
- Robby The Robot’s IMDB page